Soon Body of Christ Cares will be sponsoring an activity to take urban youth fishing.
Most of the children involved have never been fishing before and it will be a real treat just to go to a tranquil, safe location.
CHRISTIAN VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED
(Chicago region on a Saturday morning to early afternoon)
1) We need someone who is familiar with the rules and regulations for the State of Illinois. If we take a group of kids (between 7 and 50 depending on the amount of volunteers and funding available) fishing, do we need to purchase a fishing licence for each kid or only for the adults? Do we purchase this at a currency exchange? Also are there any other regulations that we need to be aware of (minimum size to keep etc.) ?
2) We need volunteers who know how to fish (and possibly clean and fry in case we add some store bought fish and have a fish fry).
3) We need volunteers who are willing to loan us fishing equipment.
4) We also need adult supervision even if you don’t know how to fish.
5) We need help with transportation. Volunteers with cars or vans who are available to pick up and take home kids. The best solution is to have several people get permission to use their church’s van for this. It is also our prayer that the Lord would touch someones heart to purchase us a quality bus to take urban youth on Christian Youth Activities and also to be shared in the BODY OF CHRIST by churches in the Chicagoland area when they have need for a special activity.
6) Let’s all pray that the kids will have a great time. That they will be refreshed physically, mentally, & spiritually.
7) If interested please contact me: Scott Reese – Scott@BodyofChristCares.org
* If you are not from one of our regular supporting churches – you’ll need to fill out a volunteer application.
* If you come across this blog and are not in the Chicago region we still have many Christian Volunteer Positions available through Christian Internet Ministry that you can help with from the convenience of your home. Drop me a note and see http://christianinternetministry.com for details.