This weekend Body of Christ Cares helped Lorimer Baptist Church with a community outreach that drew 110 children.
For quite some time, Lorimer Baptist Church has set a good example how a multicultural church can function efficently – the differences of cultures in their congregation has strengthened their church.
Below is Rev. Derek Jackson, Associate Pastor, sharing a word of thanks.
A couple weeks ago we were able to help Roseland Christian School with their special program.
We are grateful for those who have provided the resources for us to share with THE BODY OF CHRIST.
* WE HAVE A SPECIAL RESOURCE NEED – A SNOW CONE MACHINE! Possibly you, your church, or your youth group could provide this. Last year I borrowed one quite a bit – it was a real blessing, especially when we had large outreaches on hot days. I also used it at Roseland Christian Ministries’ homeless shelter – there is no air conditioning there and on a very hot day, a snow cone is a real blessing… I think of the verse of giving a cup of cold water in Jesus’s name. Let us know if you would like to help with this.
The last two Sundays I preached at the East Hazel Crest Bible Church This is a special treat for me as it is the church my dad was pastor of when I was born. I was encouraged as last week two Junior High Boys came up to me, thanked me and said they liked the sermon (those who preach know how rare this is for that age group!), and yesterday I had a teenge girl come up to me afterwards to say she wants to start volunteering at the Homeless Shelter.
* No Men’s Bible Study this Saturday – Enjoy July 4!
* Taste of Reconciliation will be July 26 – see TasteofReconciliation.com for details.
* Double Check with your church and make sure they are collecting School Supplies for Body of Christ Cares.
* This week, Rich Van Til is winding down his time at Chicagoland Prison Outreach and is beginning to help Body of Christ Cares…
* We are praying that the Lord will send new churches and Christian individuals to support Body of Christ Cares – we need additional funding to: get the rest of my (Scott Reese) salary in place, program and resource expences, and it is also our desire to pay Rich a part time salary.
* A church in Roseland has contacted me and asked my help in formulating a plan to reduce the violence in their area and how to minister effectively to victims of violence (they just had a grade school boy shot and killed near their church).
* Please pray that God will grant wisdom and direction as we continue to formulate our summer and fall endeavors. Also pray for God’s blessings… it is not by might or power, but by My Spirit says the Lord… Only God can change a life – pray that souls will be saved and lives transformed by the power of the Gospel.
* RETURN TO BODY OF CHRIST CARES’S WEBSITE – HERE