Share Christ Cares Blog
Christ Cares Blog Archives
- May 2014
- January 2014
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- March 2012
- February 2011
- August 2010
- July 2010
- March 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
Christ Cares Blog Categories
Spread the GOOD NEWS – Share our Blog with your friends!
Tag Archives: Ministry Update
1. PRAYER REQUEST – PLEASE PRAY FOR ME – I’VE BEEN QUITE SICK FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW… IT SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE AND MOVING INTO MY LUNGS and my fever is increasing. Lisa thinks it may be H1N1, I guess if I don’t turn the corner soon, I’ll go see a doctor. THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS IS THAT I’VE LOST 7 POUNDS! … NOW IT LOOKS LIKE KATIE MAY HAVE IT… I’M QUITE CONCERNED FOR MY LITTLE GIRL… I guess there is never a good time to be sick, but this is a critical time for the ministry – please pray for a quick recovery. Also a special thank you goes out to Brian for covering for me at the shelter last night.
2. We have some exciting news to share in regard to the ministry… prayerfully we plan on sending out a newsletter next week.
3. The men’s Bible study will be put off a week to the second Saturday in November – please spread the word… I’m not sure if I’ll be recouperated by Saturday … also there is a seminar on Racial Reconciliation at Living Springs Church that I will helping with – see Living Springs website for more information – I’ve heard great things about this seminar and hope you will be able to attend.
Thanks for your prayer and support,
This weekend Body of Christ Cares helped Lorimer Baptist Church with a community outreach that drew 110 children.
For quite some time, Lorimer Baptist Church has set a good example how a multicultural church can function efficently – the differences of cultures in their congregation has strengthened their church.
Below is Rev. Derek Jackson, Associate Pastor, sharing a word of thanks.
A couple weeks ago we were able to help Roseland Christian School with their special program.
We are grateful for those who have provided the resources for us to share with THE BODY OF CHRIST.
* WE HAVE A SPECIAL RESOURCE NEED – A SNOW CONE MACHINE! Possibly you, your church, or your youth group could provide this. Last year I borrowed one quite a bit – it was a real blessing, especially when we had large outreaches on hot days. I also used it at Roseland Christian Ministries’ homeless shelter – there is no air conditioning there and on a very hot day, a snow cone is a real blessing… I think of the verse of giving a cup of cold water in Jesus’s name. Let us know if you would like to help with this.
The last two Sundays I preached at the East Hazel Crest Bible Church This is a special treat for me as it is the church my dad was pastor of when I was born. I was encouraged as last week two Junior High Boys came up to me, thanked me and said they liked the sermon (those who preach know how rare this is for that age group!), and yesterday I had a teenge girl come up to me afterwards to say she wants to start volunteering at the Homeless Shelter.
* No Men’s Bible Study this Saturday – Enjoy July 4!
* Taste of Reconciliation will be July 26 – see TasteofReconciliation.com for details.
* Double Check with your church and make sure they are collecting School Supplies for Body of Christ Cares.
* This week, Rich Van Til is winding down his time at Chicagoland Prison Outreach and is beginning to help Body of Christ Cares…
* We are praying that the Lord will send new churches and Christian individuals to support Body of Christ Cares – we need additional funding to: get the rest of my (Scott Reese) salary in place, program and resource expences, and it is also our desire to pay Rich a part time salary.
* A church in Roseland has contacted me and asked my help in formulating a plan to reduce the violence in their area and how to minister effectively to victims of violence (they just had a grade school boy shot and killed near their church).
* Please pray that God will grant wisdom and direction as we continue to formulate our summer and fall endeavors. Also pray for God’s blessings… it is not by might or power, but by My Spirit says the Lord… Only God can change a life – pray that souls will be saved and lives transformed by the power of the Gospel.
* RETURN TO BODY OF CHRIST CARES’S WEBSITE – HERE
Please visit this blog on a weekly basis for updates, pictures, videos, Christian volunteer ideas, and devotionals.
SPECIAL NOTE: CRETE CHURCH VBS – THANK YOU FOR COLLECTING SNACKS TO HELP US SHARE GOD’S LOVE TO CHILDREN.
LAST NIGHT MY COMPUTER BROKE SO I AM UNABLE TO POST THE PICTURES AND VIDEO OF OUR MINISTRY TO THE HOMELESS SHELTER.
ANDREW / RICH, VIDEO CLIPS TO SHOW THE KIDS ARE AT THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
(Go back to BodyofChristCares.org and on the right collum of every page there is a Category “VIEW VIDEOS” CLICK ON “Activities” and “Programs” to show the kids video clips of our ministry to children.
*** EVERYONE ELSE – PRAY THAT I CAN FIX MY COMPUTER … IF NOT, I WILL BE ABLE TO CONFIGURE MY LAPTOP TO THE SCANNER AND VIDEO SOFTWARE – SO WE WILL HAVE OUR PICS AND VIDEO SOON…
PLEASE VISIT US EVERY WEEK AS A PRAYER REMINDER…
ALSO PLEASE SHARE ANY PRAYER REQUESTS YOU’D LIKE MYSELF AND RICH TO REMEMBER…
WE SURE APPRECIATE YOU FOR MAKING THIS MINISTRY POSSIBLE!!!